“How can you be happy every time? Don’t you have problems in your life? You are lucky if you don’t have anything to worry about. Don’t you have enemies or someone who always keeps you taunting which makes you feel upset? I am confused! Please tell me the secret to be happy!” Shravani; my classmate had asked me.
“Dalai Lama says: Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own action. I do have many problems in my life but that does not mean I can’t be happy. I have things to worry about but still I am lucky because I am the creator of my happiness. I might have so called ‘enemies’ and there are people who taunt me but that does not affect me being happy.”
I have often seen people being upset; the only reason behind this is ‘EXPECTATION’.
“Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results”- Dennis Waitley.
The more you expect, the more you are upset. To be happy one must stop expecting and accepting the life as it comes. Happiness does not come from others rather it comes from within. Happiness should be created rather than waiting for it. To be happy forever, one must find happiness in little things.
To be happy, one must have open eyes, open heart, open ears to accept happiness coming from various doors.
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the close door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”– Hellen Keller.
Well, there are many things that make me happy! I create my own happiness. I do things that makes me happy.
Here are few:
- Happiness is travelling in train and clicking pictures of the beautiful nature created by the God.
- Happiness is practicing gratitude. Happiness is making handmade cards for Indian Army to thank them for protecting us day and night.
- Happiness is listening to the soothing voice of Atif Aslam. I don’t know what magic his voice has, whenever I feel low I listen to his voice and all my stress and problems transforms into a wide smile.
- Happiness is celebrating Birthday with the college canteen guys.
- Happiness is being creative like painting diyas and blogging.
- Happiness is meeting the one you love the most and receiving special note from him.
- Happiness is reading books.
- Happiness is playing with kids.
- Happiness is spending time with friends and family members. Happiness is also being a part of an NGO.
- Happiness is to click a perfect selfie.
- Happiness is drawing a cute Shiva!
- Happiness is winning certificates, medals and trophies. (Priceless moments)
- Happiness is playing with soft toys in auto rickshaw.
- Happiness is making sandwich for college friends and teachers in college canteen.
- Happiness is watching movies.
Well, these are few things that make me happy. I would love to hear about the things that makes you happy.
“Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.”- Maxim Gorky